Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm producing a viewbook of this gorgeous property in Casco Bay in Maine for the owner, who hopes to attract renters this summer. It's the type of project that's becoming more and more desirable to my clients. It also a very cool island getaway!

This treasure has beds for 16+ people, a billards hall, a fullsize tipi, and much, much more. My book is over 40 pages and I'm working hard to edit it carefully, but there's a lot to show.

More importantly, I am also producing photo albums and viewbook for other projects, and this is becoming an integral part of what I offer: Photography, design and publication. 

One-off professionally printed books are big right now in the world of digital photography, but there's a jungle of companies out there with varying degrees of quality, and with prices all over the place. It's really easy to be disappointed with the results of a first-time order. I've researched and tested many of them and will continue to refine my search for the best printer for quality and cost.

2 comments:

  1. Kev,

    I have been looking into a few different viewbook publishing options as well, although just for use for Jackson images at this point. Lulu is one that looked promising.
    Great location on Casco Bay, need someone to paddle the kayak for you?
    Best of luck on your ventures and new baby!!
    Love the self portrait in the studio, looks like the light from Bekins Building.
    Jorg

    ReplyDelete
  2. best thing about that picture of me from the old studio in the Bemis Building is the hunchback shadow.... that, and the vacant stare into the abyss!?!

    ReplyDelete